About This Class
This class is part of our specialty class program for this season. Specialty classes are designed to help you take your dancing to the next level with a variety of new dance styles added every season.
L.A. Style Salsa is an adaptation of traditional Salsa that places more emphasis on styling. The style has strong Ballroom influences, as well as, competitive Hustle and Swing.
While traditional Salsa is considered to be more social, while L.A. Style is often the choice for the stage, however, the styling is very much used in social dancing. Elegant and refined hand movements, in-line patterns and dancing on the 1 beat “On1”, are the basic factors that make up this style.
- Salsa Lovers offers over 50 group classes every week
- Our 55-minute Group Classes give students a chance to learn new dance moves in an environment where you can practice their steps before hitting the dance floor
- We work on a rotation basis which means it is not necessary to have a partner to learn any of the dances because we frequently rotate partners during each class
- Class sizes vary, but the average is 20 to 40 people
- Specialty Classes vary every season