About This Class
This class is part of our specialty class program for this season. Specialty classes are designed to help you take your dancing to the next level with a variety of new dance styles added every season.
Bachata is a Latino genre of music that originated in the Dominican Republic in the early parts of the 20th century with the African descendants in the country and spread to other parts of Latin America and Mediterranean Europe. It became widely popular in the countryside and the rural neighborhoods of the Dominican Republic. Its subjects are often romantic; especially prevalent are tales of heartbreak and sadness.
- Salsa Lovers offers over 50 group classes every week
- Our 55-minute Group Classes give students a chance to learn new dance moves in an environment where you can practice their steps before hitting the dance floor
- We work on a rotation basis which means it is not necessary to have a partner to learn any of the dances because we frequently rotate partners during each class
- Class sizes vary, but the average is 20 to 40 people
- Specialty Classes vary every season